As I spearhead the conference and event itineraries for Scrimmage, I have the privilege to interact with and participate in nearly three dozen gatherings a year. And, with Scrimmage as a sponsor at many of them, we are involved with some pretty amazing events on an international level, including the ATD, CIPD, CLO, eLearning Guild, LTEN, Masie, Sales 3.0 and Training Magazine conferences. Their content, camaraderie and contribution to the learning, training and development fields, in particular, are incredible.
In the same given year, Scrimmage also participates in Dreamforce, which is a technology-driven event of (literally) stratospheric proportions. Dreamforce is the brainchild of Marc Benioff and Salesforce, which touts a market cap of over $70B with its (enterprising) CRM platform. Similar to Salesforce, Dreamforce has grown into a global, industry-wide, star-studded mega-event with well over 150,000 attendees descending on San Francisco each year. The City is literally taken over for four days of sessions, hands-on training, exhibits, tutorials, parties, networking and schmoozing.
In my role at Scrimmage, I have been fortunate to understand behind-the-scenes and learn the to-do’s in making Dreamforce an amazing and fruitful experience. Plus, we were fortunate to be named a Dreamforce Success Story!
So, Here’s Your Quick Roadmap To Success For Dreamforce:
- The Expo is a Must! Experience the latest tech, whether it is for B2B, B2C, or B2E – and experience the new heights technology continues to achieve. Plus, the swag is always fun, but be sure to go early to get the best “selection.”
- Sessions, Parties, The Lodges Are All Worth It! Learn from the attendees. Learn from the Salesforce personnel. People are from every industry, every role, every nation – the perspectives and insights will have your wheels turning with lots of new ideas.
- The Trailhead Is A Must – definitely grab all of your badges! Experience the deep(er) dives to learn how to make the Salesforce platform more robust for your own tasks, as well as company-wide initiatives.
- Be Sure To Visit The Learning Cabin! Enjoy Giving Back, as it is an amazing central theme pushed to the foreground at this Conference, by Benioff himself.
- Speaking of philanthropy, there is also the biggest event (within an event), Dreamfest, benefiting the UCSF Children’s Hospital. It is right in the City this year at the AT&T Ballpark with Alicia Keys & Lenny Kravitz headlining. Another Must!
- Finally, be sure to meet up with Scrimmage! We’d love to meet you, chat about our mobile solutions and share Dreamforce stories. Our team will be on hand for a one-on-one demo, or join us for our Annual Dreamforce/Dreamfest Happy Hour Event on Tuesday, 4 - 6pm in Union Square. Register Here To Receive An Invite & Enjoy Great Food, Free Drinks, Amazing Giveaways and Lots Of Fun!! Dreamforce Parties are definitely part of the Roadmap!
Bottom line, conferences, if done right, are inspiring, worthwhile events bringing people together. With Dreamforce, it is exciting to have the underlying current of the start-up, technology world that is the Bay Area merge with the world of Salesforce. We hope you’re planning on attending this year (or, the opportunity presents itself to you in the coming years). You’ll be amazed how much you’ll take home with you – to use more immediately and in the future.
We hope our paths cross at Dreamforce ’17 & hope you can Join Us on Tuesday, 11.7.17! Enjoy San Francisco and remember to grab a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge set against the golden hills, or a ride on a cable car traveling halfway to the stars.
To Learn More About Scrimmage And Our Mobile Learning Solutions, Please Click Here To Request A Personalized Demo either in San Francisco at Dreamforce, or in the Cloud.